Saturday, August 11, 2007

Introducing: New Feature Commentary!

Okay, folks. You've all been bombarded with my perspective. At least some of you are thinking... what do women really think of this stuff?

Let's find out.

Some of you are familiar with Maryann, from her activity on the Google Group.

And if you aren't... I'll let her introduce herself. Here she is, in her own words:

Hi, I’m Maryann. I’ve subscribed to eHarmony twice, for three months each. My first round was pretty typical, I’m afraid. New matches trickled in, two made it to phone calls, and no dates. After the first month or so, I only went to the site only when I received an email notification of a new match or a match communication, and I felt a twinge of pain when those visits also turned up more “Closed Match” messages. I was relieved when my subscription expired and I made sure it would not automatically renew. Whew. I made it out alive, but clearly dating was not for me. That was two years ago. Now I am half way through Round Two.

This time I got lucky. In the first month, I met two interesting, attractive men! Imagine that! I ended up closing on the first, and the second closed on me, but both were reasonably positive experiences.

With two months left on my subscription, and more free time now, in the summer, than I will have when school starts, I got very proactive about learning how to be successful on eHarmony. I was on a quest, and I fell into Scott’s blog, quite by mistake (or by his design!). I read as much as I could over the next few days. When I thought I had a handle on his advice, I overhauled my profile. Surprise, surprise, guys started hanging around instead of closing on me right away. I am now one week into the new approach and I have 31 matches in Communication; most only Stage One, one Stage Two, and one “waiting for him to initiate Open Communication.” I also have placed three “on hold,” testing for dead profiles. So far Scott’s tips have proved helpful.

A week ago I joined the Discussion Group. Again, I read all I could, and began responding. We had a flurry of posts last weekend, learned a lot, and had some fun along the way. Turns out, Scott has been on the look out for a woman to make occasional contributions to his blog, and he invited me to make a submission. You can find my first one at the end of this article.

Thanks, Scott for your helpful site and your warm welcome, and thank you to all the guys I’ve met on the Discussion board. I look forward to offering my experience and perspective.

Maryann

2 comments:

Todd Qualls said...

Awesome, Maryann! I had a feeling this might be in the works. Keep it coming.

R3dcurlz said...

Neat! What a fabulous idea.