Monday, July 30, 2007

War Journal, 7/30/07

Finally, activity seems to be picking up...

Last week, I had two matches left. One provided minimal answers and no photo. She corrected these problems - as well as changing her religion to "Spiritual, but not religious." Never responded to my request for communication... so, I guess she's not interested. Nor am I, really. I closed.

The one who was in phase 3 hasn't answered her questions. I nudged her this weekend, I'll close her on Thursday if she doesn't respond.

As for new activity...

One new match closed me, citing "Other". Finally! Someone rejects my profile! I was beginning to think my profile was too generic!

One has a hidden photo, and an otherwise full profile. I've initiated communication, no response so far.

One has no photo, minimal answers to questions. I've initiated communication, but she'll probably be purged soon.

One has no photo, but left a decent sized profile... which hangs out some red flags. I'll give her a chance (it's only communication, after all), but if she doesn't respond, she'll be purged quickly.

Finally, a profile that I closed 30 days ago asked me to reconsider. She's older than I'd like to consider, and has some "red flags" that indicate a potential scammer. On one hand, she does have 3 photos which look like they came out of magazine advertisements (all carrying a soda can), and s/he claims to have been a dolphin behavior researcher who later got an MBA and started an organic fruit juice company... But, on the other hand, "scam" profiles can rarely keep an active eHarmony account for 30 days. I threw her a fast-track message offering to be friends. We'll see what happens - if she's a scammer, I'll report her, and eHarmony will take care of it. And, if not... she'd make an interesting friend.

And that's the week in review.

No comments: