Monday, March 5, 2007

War journal: 3/4/07

So, how did I do last week?

Well, there have been no new matches in the geographic area that I was willing to consider. This left 5 open matches.

One of them closed me before Step 1, saying she's pursuing another relationship.

The one who was in open communication hasn't written back since I offered to continue our conversation over the phone. I'll probably send my "final warning" letter on Wednesday...

The others... have not responded to my request for communication.

I'm definitely not panicking. This is pretty typical. Early in the process, you usually get a lot of matches which have abandoned the service. So, I'm not alarmed by the fact that most aren't responding.

But no new matches... that's something to pause and consider.

I think it's time to expand that search radius. There's a large Jewish population that's a 3 hour drive... looks like I have to include that area. I'll let you know how it goes... next week.

2 comments:

eHarmony Blog said...

Oh don't "include that in your area" -- expanding your search radius will only work if you and the other person's search areas are mutual. Instead, change your zip code! This'll give you more matches.

eHarmony Blog

Scott Grey said...

Maybe... but I'd rather not waste time with matches who aren't interested in travelling 3 hours to visit me.

Worst comes to worst... I guess I'll have to move there. :-) But, like I said... even without resorting to trickery, my weekends were very busy!