Monday, March 5, 2007

How women look at photos

I hope that you all had fun last weekend. And that you have the photos to prove it.

Keep on taking pictures. Like I said, you need lots of them.

A lot of men approach their photos with a lot of anxiety. They worry about their physical flaws.

Well... relax. Women judge our appearance much differently than we judge theirs.

Here's what women really look at when they see our pictures:
  • Are our photos consistent with what we're saying about ourselves? If we describe how we party with the best of 'em, or that we're rugged outdoorsmen, or that we're intellectuals... do we have the photos to prove it? (This was why I insisted on last week's homework assignment, folks.)
  • Do we look like we value ourselves? If you're poorly groomed, wear awful clothing, and have an outdated hairstyle... it starts to look like you don't care about yourself. And if you don't care about yourself, it's hard for a woman to think that she should value you.
  • Do other people in the picture seem to be having fun with you? When she sees this... she'll start to see herself having fun as well.
  • Yes, some women can be fickle. For example, since I have obvious male-pattern baldness, some women just can't be attracted to me. But there are plenty that are... so I'm happy that I don't have to waste my valuable time meeting someone who is not going to be interested in me.

Nope, they're not looking for male models. Just people who look genuine and social, and who value themselves.

Hopefully, by now, you've got a lot of pictures to sort through. Tonight, go through your collection of photos, and find any pictures of yourself that have been taken in the last two years. Tomorrow, we're going to discuss how to sort them.

No comments: