Friday, August 15, 2008

Yes, folks. It is about sex.

Let's face it, folks. People don't log into eHarmony looking for friends. Or activity partners. Or colleagues.

They're looking for "the love of their life" that was promised in the commercials.

And, unless you're dealing with a very strange and hung-up woman (and there are a few)... she's looking for a sexual relationship.

So, yes, sex is out there.

Now, if you push for sex... that's a problem. There's a difference between a guy who's looking for potential sexual partners, and a desperate guy trying to push an agenda too fast.

But, overall, you shouldn't be afraid of talking about it. Some slight sensuality in the profile can work well for a lot of guys. (Even more so for women.) And, as I've said before, it looks a little bit strange if you don't bring it up in your must haves/can't stands.

So, if she brings it up, demonstrate that you're comfortable. That you're not needy... but you don't have any hangups either.

And you're ready when the moment is right.

4 comments:

PENolan said...

Guess what - I just posted on eHarmony and you're 100% right. The first item on my agenda is getting laid.
Hope it works . . .

Scott Grey said...

That's not what I meant...

But, good luck with that!

PENolan said...

Dear Scott
I forgot to mention that I am a female. I am looking to get laid but not by just anybody. If I wanted to do that, I'd go on Match again and have a sex date tonight - or go to Times Square, toss my panties in the air a la Mary Tyler Moore and see what happens.

So when I say you're 100% right about females, that's what I meant.
Patrica

Scott Grey said...

Gotcha. It's amazing how much misunderstanding can happen from text-only communication... :-)

Still... Good luck!