Friday, August 29, 2008

When did you feel good?

As my loyal readers know, I've started my eHarmony-related consultation services - and so far, it's been an interesting experience.

The guys (so far, they've all been guys) that I've been working with... have all been great. But, often, a little troubled. And not just with eHarmony. And, unfortunately, their profiles reflect their current pain and uncertainty - and not their potential or their optimism.

One question that I've been asking (and that's been helpful) is a simple one - "At what point in your life were things going well for you?"

And most people can think of a time in their past where their (present) worries seemed insignificant.

Times when they focused on the things that made them feel happy and fulfilled.

And they usually pause. And start thinking about how they might start doing those things again.

And, suddenly, tricky questions (such as, "What are you most passionate about?", or, "What are you looking for?") become much easier to answer.

So, if you're stuck in your current doubts and worries, you might want to give this a try. It seems to help the folks that I'm working with...

No comments: