Tuesday, August 26, 2008

War Story: Ice Broken

As I've previously said, I'm no fan of the "icebreaker" feature. In general, I don't advise guys to use it - it makes men look like they're either insecure, or a (cheap) nonmember.

And, usually, I close the women who send icebreakers, dismissing them as unmotivated.

But, I did make an exception - unlike most "icebreaker" users, this one had a fully-filled out profile. And a fairly interesting one to boot.

I did initiate communication - and she responded with an icebreaker. In her case, "Your profile brought a smile to my face!"

I thought hard about this one... and followed my "two strike" rule. With the icebreaker counting as one strike, and no other apparent strikes (unless I looked really hard for one), I decided to try a response.

So, I searched the icebreaker options, and found one that fit.

"Would you like to chat?"

Effectively telling her, if she'd like something to happen, it's time to move.

And, yes, she decided to start communication after that.

Did I convince her to pay? I don't know. And I'm not asking.

No comments: