Thursday, August 21, 2008

Patience, young Jedi. Patience...

For a long time, now, I've been running an experiment to figure out what the best response to an unresponsive match is. Basically - if a woman has a complete profile, and has looked at you, but hasn't responded for a week... what's the best thing to do next?

It's been my slowest experiment ever. I've been at this for months. And I've got less than 6 women in the experiment so far. (Granted, due to my match criteria, I don't get that many matches.)

So far, the most interesting thing about the experiment?

If you do nothing for a week, most women will eventually respond in some fashion.

And data from Quantcast bears this out - the percentage of eHarmony members that check their accounts more than once a week is quite low. (In fact, if they're responding quickly, I'd consider this a sign of interest.)

So, relax. Live your life. Let her live hers.

And pay attention to the women who are paying attention to you.

P.S. Oh, for those who are wondering about the experiment so far? So far, nothing seems terribly effective for a woman who hasn't responded in a week. And if that's a consistent problem for you... it's probably time to work on your profile.

No comments: