Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oh, you're my best friend ALREADY?

Okay. I get it.

Just about everyone hates the eHarmony profile question, "Describe one thing about yourself that only your best friends know".

Yes, it IS a stupid question.

And, yes, a lot of people answer it with obvious retorts like, "If I put it here, then it isn't something only my best friends would know." Or, "When you become my best friend, you'll find out."

Well, yes, I've experimented with answers like this. And every time I did it, my response rates fell.

Again, part of what you're trying to do in your profile is to look different from the other guys. And you won't do it by giving the same answers everyone else does.

Now, if, unlike most of the other guys, you show that you can actually have fun when you answer a question like this... That's the ticket to making yourself look better than the teeming masses.

No comments: