Friday, August 22, 2008

Skeptical? Listen to this guy...

Okay, I imagine that a lot of my readers ARE skeptical.

After all, women want nice guys, right?

Well, they do appreciate men who can show kindness. But not characterless men who can only say, "I'm a nice guy."

But... it's hard for a lot of people to take that first step.

If so, you might want to listen to the story of "Color Corrected".

Here's his story:
Hey, I found your blog a few weeks ago and signed up for this group recently and have tried to read closely what you guys have used for success and have applied some of what I've learned and the results I am HAPPIER with. Hopefully more tweaks will help get me results I am FULLY HAPPY with.

I have been a eharmony since the end of June and before these first round of changes I only got one match all the way to open communication (she was the one who initiated contact). Most were either quick "other" closes or I never received replies at all and I ended up closing them after a few weeks. A few didn't like like what my profile said and closed me. The open communication turned out to be a dud on the phone and when she passed along her facebook page and I took a look, that was enough. I have no idea how we could be "compatible" we were complete polar opposites.

Hey, you had one. That's better than most. But it's a little unsurprising that you were left with someone who was also trying to create a force-fit.

But let's see how things started to turn around...

I first changed my general information on my profile. Instead of stating "I work in television" I got specific with "television editor". I also dropped all the lists. No more listing of my passions, interests, and what I'm looking for. Those got specific as well with statements.
Aha! Demonstrating passion is so much more effective than listing things you like, yes?
All "buddy" qualities were removed. I am no longer now a good listener and loyal and replaced them with more items about me. Ambitious, intelligent.

I also in the "what people notice" section dropped the wishy-washy "I'm a good guy" quality and told the truth. What I'm known for at my job. I'm assertive and speak up and speak my mind when need be.
Hmm... so they do like it better when you can demonstrate some idealizability. And that you're not just a suckup desperate to fit with any woman. Amazing, huh?
In the photos I dropped any photos that had me in the same clothes. Only one blue T-shirt, one coat and so on. I also got rid of the captions. And in two of the photos that I had cropped to where you could only see me I went back to the full photo. One is of me and an actress I was on a movie set with and the other is of me fixing a camera on set.

Yup. Pictures tell much more than, "How I look". They can also be used to create interest. Good job!

I made these changes about ten days ago and I saw results right away. My profile has been viewed more and viewed more repeatedly. I have four matches past the "must have/can't stand" two of them I have just sent and answered "2nd questions", and one has already went into open communication. Sadly one of the four seams to be stuck now, and of course it's the girl I like the most.
No one bats 1.000. But you're doing much better, it seems... Certainly, a good, strong 10 days' work!

(And remember, you don't know if you like her until you meet her. She may have done you a huge favor.)

I've also noticed that even the closes are "good" closes, if there is such a thing. Closes for distance and age difference. I'd say I'm 50/50 on "other" closes and specific closes. I've even noticed that some of the closes check me out for a few days, viewing my profile numerous times, before closing me. Sadly the HOT 25 year old (I'm 33) closed me after looking at my profile four days in a row. She though I was too old. REALLY?
Sounding more confident already. I'm liking it! (And don't worry... you'll find more hotties soon!)

One last thing I've noticed too. I've seen with some success that if I send questions to a girl who takes a while to answer back. Me simply viewing her profile a few days in a row, letting her know I AM interested, has gotten a couple replies.
Interesting... I'll run an experiment on this. I'll have to admit - I'm a little skeptical. Many matches do take awhile to respond. It does seem likely to me that most women don't obsessively watch the "Who's viewed me" list. And, if she did notice, I wonder if she'd think it's too much attention, too early. But I'll look into it!

Thanks for the help and info. I'll keep you posted.
Glad that I've helped! And I look forward to hearing more of your stories!

No comments: