Monday, May 5, 2008

Wanna learn some tricks?

There are a lot of schools of thought in the seduction community. Some of these schools advocate learning "routines" or tricks to demonstrate higher value.

I'm pretty agnostic about this. On one hand, if the only higher value that you carry is the fact that you've learned a few magic tricks... you've got some problems.

But, if you enjoy these tricks (and I do, as a rare "spice"), and you choose tricks that are congruent with your personality, they can provide a little fun.

But, in general, I don't like to get these "tricks" from the seduction community. Unfortunately, many members overuse these tricks. And you don't demonstrate higher value when you've shown someone a trick that's already been overused by a bunch of pick-up artists. In my experience, it's best to learn these tricks from other sources.

One new source that hasn't been tapped by the "seduction community" is a new web series, "Scam School". And, thankfully, because this blog isn't read by too many people... I don't think you'll have problems with the overuse of these tricks.

Anyway, it looks like a fun series. You might want to check it out.

And, no, folks. This isn't a commercial placement. They're free, they're fun, and they're useful. So, I'll give them a hand.

2 comments:

The Most Awesome Guy In The Universe said...

The way I look at the trick philosophy is that you are doing something to set yourself apart from the masses out there. In the PUA community, you're looking for instant gratification - something you can do quickly that will make her laugh. I'd argue that if you're looking for something more long-term, you want to demonstrate some value that you would bring to a long-term relationship, something you could both enjoy for years and years.

Scott Grey said...

I think that's the ticket there. For long-term success, you need to be in the right place.

I've always liked little tricks like they play on "Scam School" among friends - and did them before I discovered a "seduction community". And, truth be told, I usually only start them with a woman after I've known her for awhile, and know she'll take them well.

But, yeah, being a "trick monkey" to impress women... that ain't gonna lead to a long-term relationship. And, IMHO, it's a little demeaning.

But, if any successful guys hold different opinions, I'd be happy to hear 'em...