Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ladies - "Playing hard to get" can go too far.

Okay, folks. I do keep track of my audience, and, from the measures I've been taking... almost half of you are women now.

So, I think I should respond to that. (Don't worry, guys, these articles should be fun for you too.) I can't do what I do for the men - which is to describe my experiences, what works, and what doesn't work. But I can provide a guy's perspective, and point out a few mistakes that women make on eHarmony.

First of all, as I've mentioned before, most women can find a guy. However, women are coming to eHarmony to look for quality guys. The guys who are hard to find.

The bad news? Everyone else on eHarmony is also persuing the quality guys. And a lot of my readers date a lot of women.

Which comes to the tactic of "playing hard to get".

I won't insult your intelligence, ladies. Playing hard to get can, and often does, work.

But, in general, you're asking a guy to invest effort in perusing you.

The problem is... quality guys have a lot of women perusing them. And until you've proven that you're a quality woman, the quality guys may not expend the effort.

And, to guys who meet a lot of women? They know that people put their best foot forward. And they don't become infatuated with women that they haven't even met.

So, don't make things harder than they need to.

If you want to meet quality guys, pay attention to your account. Respond in reasonable lengths of time. Follow some of the advice that I give to guys - Be friendly, and give guys an intriguing sample of who you are.

But, playing hard to get with a guy that you haven't even met yet?

Sorry, ladies. Men who are starved for responses may sit through that game. But quality guys aren't going to put in the effort.

Now, after you've met, and he's showing interest... Game on, if you wish.

No comments: