Tuesday, May 6, 2008

She's not responding? Don't feel bad.

In my early days of eHarmony, it was easy for me to get excited about some of the profiles I saw.

I'd say things like, "Wow - I'm exactly what she says she's looking for!" Or, "Hey, we have so much in common!" Or, "She's so much like other women that I get along so well with..."

Or any number of reactions.

But, yes, my profile was pretty bad. And so were my pictures. So... despite how "perfect" they seemed in my mind, they wouldn't talk to me.

And, yes, it frustrated the heck out of me. How could I have "blown it" so badly with someone who seemed to be such a great match?

Eh. Live and learn.

But, an interesting thing happened once I started getting my act together.

A lot of the same women returned.

They saw the better and more intriguing aspects of my personality. And, often, they started communication.

Guess what? Every single one of those women turned out to be a major disappointment. Some had trouble separating from old relationships. Others had major mental health problems (and I'm not saying this casually). Some were just too demanding. Or angry about their singlehood. Or too nervous to have a good time with someone they met online. The list goes on and on.

So, the lesson here? Even if she seems "perfect", you never know about her until you meet her.

And her failure to establish communication? She could be doing you a huge favor.

Relax. And have fun with the people who are interested in meeting you.

No comments: