Thursday, June 28, 2007

Should I wait for her to open?

Yesterday, I described my "one week test". In my beta-tester's hands, it was a pretty good method to see if your profile is successful in hooking womens' interest.

Some of you may be asking me, "Should I usually wait for a woman to open communication?"

Probably not.

First of all - a lot of women, especially those new to online "dating", are still nervous about making initial contact with a man. So, if you don't make the initial contact, you're just not going to reach this group of women.

But, perhaps even more importantly, attractive women get plenty of attention from guys.

In fact, it can be overwhelming. My welcome packet goes into a lot of detail on this.

And when a woman is overwhelmed, she probably won't open the contacts that aren't contacting her. And if she doesn't open your profile, you won't get anywhere.

So... if you're interested, don't let her sit around. Open her.

And if you're not interested... don't let her block you from receiving further matches.

2 comments:

Uncle Fester said...

I'm unconvinced that having an empty or nearly empty match list increases your probability of being matched. My match list has been at 3 or less for several days, and my drought still goes on (zero new matches on 8 of the last 14 days, a total of 9 during that time).

Uncle Fester said...

Here's another thought. I've gone through long periods where the new matches barely trickle in. Like 2 or 3 a week after 3 months of membership. I assume this also happens to women? After all, they are supposed to outnumber the men on eharmony so their droughts should be even more severe.