Monday, June 4, 2007

War Journal, 6/4/07

A frustrating week...

On dates, I'm used to women who are carrying baggage because of some lyin', cheatin' ex-boyfriend or husband. But this week's date... was having trouble with her lyin', cheatin' long-term current boyfriend. Needless to say, there's not going to be a second date.

After teasing the woman in open communication about her lack of photos for awhile, she angrily replied that she just moved into the area to take care of her dying father, had just started a new job which is causing a lot of stress... and that providing a photo was the least of her priorities. I did apologize, said that I understood, and welcomed her to call me when things are a little more settled.

There was only one new match this week. (I expected more from free communication weekend... but there you go.) Unfortunately, she lives 4 hours away, so I closed it.

One of my matches closed me, with the statement that she's not ready. Interestingly, it left me no option to send a final message. Is this how eHarmony now treats people who disobey the rules? I don't know.

... and none of the other "old" matches advanced communication. So, I closed 'em.

And that's this week in eHarmony.

1 comment:

Uncle Fester said...

I just got closed by a match that had taken me to email hell with "I have too much happening in my life at the moment." (Which DOES allow for the sending of a final message from the canned list. Why is it that if you are closed out during Open Communication, you aren't given the courtesy of sending a final Open message to reply?)

This match had been a real struggle... initially her slow responses dragged me deep into the "failure spiral" from which you rescued me. After nudges and Fast Tracks and every trick available, we got to Open Comm. She sent me Open messages while she was traveling, sometimes she seemed interested, but every time I hinted about a meeting I got "let me check my schedule, I'll get back to you" in return.

Based on her profession (which I verified, although she didn't know it... let this be a warning to all: an unusual first name and profession gives away your identity, your employer, your home address, etc.), I suspected she really was busy and I was willing to work with her. I let her know when I'd be on her side of town, and she never showed any desire to actually meet.

I was finally ready to send her your Open Comm #3 message and close her myself. But she beat me to it. Without the courtesy of an actual final written message/apology. Arrgggh.

Thanks for reading my rant.