Thursday, June 21, 2007

When your targets don't measure up...

People who are following my profile building advice aren't building generic, inoffensive profiles. They're building profiles that will intrigue the women that they're interested in... and chase others away.

And it's a really tricky thing to do.

When I first got my profile to a point where it drew a lot of women's interest, good things started to happen. Women responded quickly. They put effort into answering my questions. They were eager for the phone call, and for the first meeting.

The problem was... the women had predictable faults. It seemed like they weren't looking for normal relationships. They were people who were struggling with problems, and were looking for a man to support them.

I started to look critically at my profile, and asking myself, "Why am I drawing in all these problematic people?"

Then, it hit me.

I'm a pretty altruistic guy. And my profile reflected that. After all, I wanted to attract like-minded people.

Unfortunately, it painted me as a perfect target for people who want to take advantage of my altruistic nature.

So, I modified my profile to reflect a better balance between helping others and taking care of myself.

The problem was solved. And I've been a lot happier with my matches ever since I did that.

So... if it feels like you're attracting the wrong type of people, take a second look at your profile. You may be accidentally aiming at the wrong target.

2 comments:

Uncle Fester said...

I was ready to write about how I think my profile is exactly the way I want it.

But then I'm reminded of those matches who list shoes and chocolate among their "things you can't live without" and babble on about how their last book was "The Secret" and how it defines their approach to life. Even if true, what guy will find these things to be interesting or appealing?

So I guess I'd better review what I've got. Although I've only gotten two new matches in the last 10 days or so.

Unknown said...

don't forget, women tend to be a little bit strange. They can't help it, that is just the way they are.