Thursday, June 7, 2007

Researchers agree: Advance when you can touch.

Faithful readers have already understood my eHarmony strategy - meet quickly, and don't hit on a woman until you actually meet her. When you meet her, you have the advantages of being able to use touch, body language, and vocal tone.

In one of our past columns, I presented some research that justified the first half of that statement. Essentially, people who present too much information to a woman before meeting her have worse results.

Now, thanks to eHarmony's research blog, we now have research supporting the second half of that statement. Women respond much better to the suggestion of advancing a relationship when you're able to touch her.

Although the original research article isn't available on the web, another article by the same author is also very compelling.

Hmm... It makes me think I need to touch people more even when I'm not dating them...

No comments: