Thursday, April 26, 2007

Patience ISN'T a virtue on eHarmony...

Obviously, all of us want to have more matches to choose from.

And, when we do get a match... it's better if we're one of the first guys that a woman sees. Because women pay more attention to their first matches than to the 35th entry on their "active matches" list.

So, we'd all like to know what we can do to get more, and earlier matches.

We're at a disadvantage, though. eHarmony doesn't let us know how its algorithms work. And they certainly aren't going to give me access to them.

Because of this, I have to make some assumptions based on my experience.

One thing that I've observed is that, when I have an empty list (or a list that's almost empty), I'm much more likely to show up when a woman hits, "Find more matches".

And that's probably the best time to get a match.

So... guess what? You know those women who want to go into marathon sessions before they give up a phone number? Or the ones that take weeks to respond?

That's right. They may be blocking you from receiving a better (and more cooperative) match.

So... don't let them try your patience.

In my experience, women who don't respond to communication within a week (or within a couple of days from a nudge) will not establish communication with you.

And if a woman places you on hold... forget it. I've never had a woman come back from hold. Ever.

Give 'em the boot, and move on.

Of course, the uninterested aren't your only enemies in keeping a clean match list. There are also women who abandoned the system. And a few "scammers" as well.

My tips for spotting these time-stealers? Read on...

No comments: