Monday, May 28, 2007

War Journal - 5/28/07

It's been a busy week on eHarmony - let's get started.

My date for next week... is still on.

I had another 1st phone call with the other woman who lives in that city. A lot of positives, and negatives. On the positive side - we seemed to get along really well on the phone. On the negative side - because we meshed so well, she blurted out a lot of stuff that's making me a bit uncomfortable. (For example, that she was married for 12 years to someone who was gay.) And, unfortunately, she's going to be out of town during the weekend that I'm visiting. Next time I'm in town, I might give her a call... but I'm not interested in making a special trip to visit her. And we left it at that.

The third woman (from last week)? She's playing phone tag with me. Left me email messages about how busy she is, how her phone's broken, blah, blah, blah. Sorry - I don't play those games. She'll call when and if she's ready... and I'm forgetting about her.

So, I opened my account for new matches... and got quite a few.

One of them closed me, citing distance. Yeah, she lives 5 hours away by car. I would have done it, if she didn't.

One said she was 39. From her photo, she looks like she's going on 50. Maybe older. Shake head, sigh, close.

Two provided no photos, and had bare-minimum profiles. I closed them after 3 days, just to make sure that they weren't going to finish later.

Two haven't responded to my first questions yet. They're still open.

One answered my step 1 questions, but hasn't read my answers yet.

One is in open communication. And, in her first message, left me with a ton of questions that would take a long time to type answers to. Despite the fact that she couldn't bother to post a photo. I just responded with a quick message saying that I'm busy, but wanted to say, "Hi", and teased her for not leaving a photo. Let's see if she adjusts her attitude... and, if not, it's no loss.

And that's the week in review.

No comments: