Monday, May 21, 2007

War journal - 5/21/07

No new matches this week. I'm near the end of my subscription term. Doubtless, eHarmony is waiting until my subscription expires before sending me new matches. It's a pattern that I've picked up in the past.

All three of last week's candidates are still in play.

The first one - We've talked over the phone, and a date has been arranged in 2 weeks. (It's when I was going into her hometown anyway.) I'm not holding out that much hope for her - she seems like she might be carrying a chip on her shoulder... but we'll see.

The second one - Seemed enthusiastic, but delayed giving up her phone number (said she was busy). Left a message on her answering machine yesterday early afternoon, no call back yet. Might be too nervous to make that call...

The third one - hasn't given me her phone number yet. So, I'm in the waiting game for a few more days before sending an (unprecedented) follow-up letter.

Since my subscription only has 3 days left, and I'm going to be pretty busy with these leads... I'm closing matching for now. Let's see how these pan out before resubscribing.

No comments: