Friday, May 18, 2007

Confronting the annoyances...

In yesterday's column, I explained one method that can be used (sparingly) to get a woman to address touchy subjects. Again, this technique needs to be used very sparingly. At most, once during an interaction. If she's still resisting... there's usually a good reason. And I'm willing to bet that it's a reason that you'd avoid her.

Must Haves/Can't Stands mismatch
Wrong way: I noticed that you put "honest" in your must haves list. What are your expectations here?
Better way: I noticed that you put "honest" in your must haves list. You're not, like, one of these women who'll bug my phones and hire private detectives to make sure that I'm honest... are you?
Best way: Meet the woman. You'll find out soon enough.

No photo
Wrong way: You know, I've given you photos, and I think it's unfair that you haven't given me any.
Better way: Hmm... no photos. Are you wanted by the FBI? If I decide to meet you, I'd really like to make sure that I make it home alive...

Not answering questions
Wrong way: I need answers, here, or I just can't see anything happening.
Better way: Wow. No answers. Were you, like, the kid I met in 3rd grade who shoved the dice up her nose when I was trying to play a game with her?

Asking nosy personal questions
Wrong way: That's really personal. What gives you the right to ask?
Better way: Hey, you're not from the tabloids are you? THAT information will cost you...

Getting the idea, yet?

Have fun, guys.

Monday: Results of my latest research project... This will help your results.

No comments: