Monday, February 18, 2008

Another eHarmony trick revealed?

This weekend, a couple of matches did some things... that I didn't even realize were possible.

The first one was one that I closed over a week ago, because I thought she had a "dead profile". Well, this weekend, she answered my questions. And then sent a final message saying that I'd met her, I'd feel differently.

Yes, I reopened her - and we've planned a date for next weekend. (The first free communications customer that I've considered worth meeting... Her level of enthusiasm picked up quickly once communication started.)

The other one? I sent her phase 1 questions without looking closely at the city she lived in.

Sure enough, she lived too far away. I closed the match.

And, again, she answered the questions that I had asked before sending me a final message.

So, based on these two events, it looks like eHarmony won't tell non-paying members that you closed them, until after they've paid for their subscription (or used free communication), and responded to the first set of questions.

Pretty sneaky on eHarmony's part.

And potentially exploitable for us.

No comments: