Thursday, February 7, 2008

An accomplished woman? She's STILL a woman!

Every once in awhile, I receive mail asking how I'd approach certain eHarmony matches.

Usually, it's because the guy is feeling a little intimidated. It could be by their accomplishments. Or the fact that she is doing things that he can't see himself doing.

They wonder, "What do I need to do differently?"

I've been there. I've met some really interesting people on eHarmony. Doctors and Lawyers. High level executives. Triatheletes and marathon runners. Psychotherapists. Artists. Mensa members. And a recognizable actress.

So, what did I do differently, when I met some of my more intimidating matches?

Absolutely nothing.

I am what I am. And if a woman wants a guy who will compete in marathons with her... she's better off moving on to somebody else.

But, that's not what they're usally looking for.

The fact is, they're still people. And they're attracted by the same qualities that attract everyone else.

And, yes, the guys who recognize this are rare. Which is, in and of itself, an attractive quality.

So, no. If she's a woman of accomplishment, you don't need to change your approach. Just be the charming guy that you always are.

No comments: