Friday, November 2, 2007

From the labs: The slow months of eHarmony

Here's some wisdom that I've gleaned from our Google Group...

Turns out that many members have noticed seasonal changes in their eHarmony activity. Many members agree that certain months seem to be unusually slow.

Those months?

Well, one is coming up soon. People get busy during the holidays. And, when you have a brand-spanking-new boyfriend or girlfriend, negotiating holiday commitments can be a very tricky thing. Not to mention the whole "what should I give for a gift NOW?" thing. So... Mid-november through early January are reported to be "slow months" on eHarmony.

Good news? January is reported to be one of the busiest months.

According to consensus, however, traffic quickly drops off in April, through the summer. I guess people are busy having fun (and meeting people) outside in the sunshine.

Your mileage may vary, of course. I don't know if there's going to be a summer "lull" in Florida. And, for religious reasons, the winter holidays are less significant for the people that I meet.

But, it's still something to consider before you renew that subscription.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Though far from being statistically significant, my drop in eH activity followed a similar pattern this year as it did last year (the pattern that Scott described). My drop seemed to hit a little earlier this year, however (early October). After my subscription expired, I left matching on for a week or so. Nothing changed, so I am dropping out until the first of the year.