Friday, November 30, 2007

From the Labs: "Hold" may not be so bad...

As I've mentioned, there has been a significant shift in how people use eHarmony.

In part, I think that this is due to eHarmony's subtle changes in their marketing strategy. They're making matches a little more casual, and placing less emphasis on marriage. And, as I've mentioned before, hostile questioning (and it's effectiveness) have diminished.

And, recently, I've discovered what may be another effect of this more relaxed atmosphere.

In the past, when I placed a match on hold, they would almost always respond by closing the match.

But, since going exclusive with one of my matches, I stopped asking for new matches, and placed everyone on my list "On hold", saying that I was pursuing another match, but might be interested in talking more in the future.

A couple weeks passed, and I wanted to show a friend the pictures of this woman...

And, amazingly enough, not a single one of the women that I placed on hold went on to close the match.

Don't know how useful this information is... but it is new.

Let me know about your experience.

No comments: