Thursday, June 19, 2008

Why get angry?

One problem that I've often seen in people who struggle with relationships (and eHarmony) is a feeling of anger.

Hey, in eHarmony, and the dating world, goofy stuff does happen.

Sometimes, you'll say something that you've said to a lot of other women... but one woman blows it out of perspective.

Sometimes, she'll seem to really be into you... but, then, suddenly turns cold. Or disappears altogether.

Sometimes, women misrepresent themselves in their profiles or their communications.

Bottom line? Unless you're meeting a LOT of these people... the problem probably isn't you. It's probably her.

And that shouldn't make you angry.

Most healthy women should enjoy your company. They should enjoy the process of getting to know you. And want you to get to know her better.

The ones that don't? You have to feel sorry for them. They're going to lead very limited and unfulfilling lives.

These women have earned my pity. But not my anger.

And my thankfulness, for leaving me more time to meet normal women.

1 comment:

Rosalyn said...

...and that's why there is that saying: it's not the destination, it's the journey.

I used to be those ones....wanting it all instantly. Then I stepped back and realized wait, I'm not that desperate! Not to mention then there are issues that have not been dealt with.

"Normal" people like to enjoy the journey and actually have fun in the process of getting to know someone. An important fact I learned this last year...