Friday, June 6, 2008

A few "eHarmony Cracked" testimonials

I'm sure a few of you folks are reading this, and wonder: "Does this stuff really work?"

Well, you don't have to take my word for it. Here are a few testimonials.

And, thanks, guys (and gals). Words like this are what make this blog worth the effort.

"Hi, Scott. I've been reading your blog. [...]I've been getting my profile ready to become a member, and wow, did I make a lot of mistakes [...] Thanks for your help!"

"Hi Scott-
I love your blog. Eharmony has gone from being slightly better than a trip to the dentist to being kind of fun! I've done ok before now, but now realize all the things ive done wrong in the past."

"Hi Scott,
I read your blog and loved it- it was great to get the male perspective on the eharmony experience. I learned a lot, and I now feel empowered knowing you guys have a lot of the same feelings about it that us girls do. I even tweaked my profile afterwards. I'm ashamed to say I had the old "I'm shy, at first" in there.
I just wanted to thank you for your insights, and although I know you meant for it to be for men only, I got a lot out of it. My EH crush seems like he's read your blog, too, and has essentially ruined all my other matches' chances with me. We're currently stuck in "email hell", but thanks to you, I'm going to make a move soon!
- thirty-something rocker girl on EH"

"Youre my only hope.
Okay, not really.
But I'm interested in joining your little sweatlodge."

"Hi Scott,
Great blog! I've been on eH, off and on, for quite a while and have wondered about most of the topics you've addressed. Thanks for providing so much information. I've learned quite a few things, confirmed some suspicions, and enjoyed reading it all."

"Scott,

I stumbled upon your site and what you say works! I got out of open communication to talking on the phone in 4 messages. [...]

eHarmony is an awesome system, better than any other dating site, but your site is makes eHarmony twice as good.

Thanks. If you are ever in [City], I want to buy you a beer. Or maybe name my first born after you."

(A female response to a "Profile Clinic" article) "Dear Mr. Grey, I am not a Google member, so cannot post a comment to your blog but I really enjoyed reading today's blog, and agree with your comments for [the guy's who's profile I edited.] Would you consider giving him my email address?"

"Hi Scott,

I'm a new eharmony member and I have been reading your blog. It's a very interesting read and most of your ideas make a lot of sense to me. I feel that your strategies are backed by a genunie sense of goodness and appreciation for self and others. [...] I'm excited to learn more."

"I would like to thank you for your eHarmonyCracked blog. After I reading a few posts, I got hooked. The advice is great and some of the stories are priceless."

My story goes... I signed up a little over 3 months ago with a promotional code. About 3 weeks (ago) before my membership was to expire, I found your blog. Your advice helped me to get more responses and to get into open communication quicker."

"Thanks again for your advice. [...] I had a date with [identifier] on Saturday and it went well. I inivted her backto my apt and we watched some TV and kissd. On the way out, she pushd me into the wall in the elevator on the way out and made out with me some more. She texted me later to "thank me again" and "that she promised to be a lot less shy next time". Not exactly sure what I've done right, but things are good."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was reading this yesterday, and suddenly realized I wrote one of them! (I'm 30-something rocker-girl on EH). Just a quick update- I'm not on EH anymore, because I'm dating someone who I was set up with by a friend. He was on eharmony too, and although neither one of us dated anyone we met there for any length of time, we both feel that we got a lot of valuable dating "practice."
I still read your blog almost every day- your topics apply to all relationships, whether they originate on eharmony or not. Thanks again!

Scott Grey said...

Thanks... again! :-)