Wednesday, March 12, 2008

When she's fishing for a compliment...

As I've said many times... I don't pay that many compliments to women in the attraction phase.

But, often, they might get nervous. And start fishing for compliments a little bit.

They might ask if you like how they look, if you're meeting for the first time.

Or they might brag a little bit, and ask what you think.

If they're doing this... it's a very good thing.

Because, if they're doing this, they're a little nervous. They're wondering about if you like them.

And, most of all, they're indicating that they're trying to entice you.

In other words, she's interested in you.

Some pickup artists advocate being "cocky and funny" during these times.

For me, it hasn't worked well.

She's nervous. She's putting herself on the line.

And if you dismiss her after her best efforts... you may be headed into "sour grapes" land.

So, what do I do?

If I'm being honest, I tell them that I approve.

But I add just a little bit, just to let them know that they're indicating interest.

Something like, "Glad my opinion's important to you". Or, "Glad you want to make me happy."

... and be prepared to crank up the playful touch.

(Oh, and this can also work well during fights, too. Sometimes.)

No comments: