Friday, March 14, 2008

From the labs: Creating Jealousy with a Hold?

Here's an experiment, straight from the labs...

Of course, you know that eHarmony is pretty rigid about guided communication - unless they agree to a fast track (for which, my lab results have already been reported), your options with an unresponsive match are nudge, close, or let 'em sit.

In my experience, the nudge is only a little better than letting them sit.

But, recently, I've tried one alternative.

Create a sense of competition.

If they don't respond within three days of viewing my profile - put 'em on hold, letting them know that you're persuing other matches right now, but might return later.

Let them sit for a couple of weekends, reopen and nudge (so you get back on the top of their list).

The good news? None of them closed me for doing this. Most of them took a second look at my profile, after I put them on hold.

The bad news? None opened communication after I reopened them.

So, I'm filing this one under "failed experiments".

And that's one more experiment that you don't have to try.

1 comment:

Ator said...

The nudge might as well be called the AFC button. You need to remember that a PUA or otherwise desirable man never cares about women that don't respond. Advocating the use of the nudge is straight AFC.