Monday, March 10, 2008

Reflections on a retest

Yeah, I've been on eHarmony (on and off, between relationships) for a couple of years now.

It's been an eventful few years for me. And, I think I've changed in a lot of good ways.

But, I began to think... was that "personality questionnaire" that I took two years ago still accurate?

Probably not. I figured it's time for a retake.

And, yes, the customer service representative that I called quickly agreed. They even gave me a free month of service - and I didn't ask for it!

It's still early - but I'm liking the results so far. I'm getting fewer matches (I guess my personality isn't the typical eHarmony customer's), but there's more of an emotional presence to them that I'm beginning to appreciate.

But... enough about me.

If you're also thinking that your personality has changed since you took the questionnaire (hopefully, in good ways), here's some advice:

  • Get a copy of your profile before calling customer service. You may not remember this... but you were asked about your passion, the most influential person in your life, and your "checklist" traits during the personality questionnaire. You'll need to reenter them. But don't worry - everything else will be saved. Including your photos.
  • Call customer service when you're ready to take the test. Not before. Because, once the customer service representative flips the switch, you'll be unable to request new matches, obtain new matches, or communicate through the eHarmony system until you've finished your retake.
But, other than that... enjoy your new life... and your new matches.

1 comment:

Superfly said...

Hmm that is odd. I asked them if I could retake the test a year ago and they would not let me. Perhaps my reason was not good enough.