Wednesday, September 26, 2007

From the Labs: Progress report on the "Fast-Track" project.

Well, the fast-track experiments are continuing.

So far, it's impossible to draw conclusions about whether fast-track is superior to guided communication. I've only had about 20 matches since I started the experiments (my match rate is slow, due to my religious preferences), and I've only went to open communication with one less person than I'd have expected from guided communication. So, I've got nothing to draw conclusions about... yet.

But, yes, I can continue to say that some people are responding.

If you try this, I can give you a few notes on what to expect:
  • So far, I haven't had a single match that said she'd prefer fast-track communication. That doesn't mean that they won't accept the fast-track. To me, it only suggests that they don't want fast-track requests from a million lovesick lamers.
  • Yes, one of those contacts did result in a date. Unfortunately, she had just finished moving out of her ex-boyfriend's house... and the chemistry was conflicted. And I think she got hurt by my "let's be friends" offer. (And, yes, if it isn't obvious... she indicates a "guided communication" preference.)
  • I get more closes due to "other".
  • The usual response to the fast-track request is to ignore it. Only one woman declined the fast-track, and shuttled me to guided communication. (And then stopped responding.) If you don't show your picture, you can expect a picture request.

No comments: