Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Some meditations for the journey

Lately, I've been getting into mediations. Little snippets of wisdom to remind me of the proper mental frame. And I've been reading them from a lot of sources - books, email, and discussion groups.

And one of my recent articles had me thinking... if the "failure" mindset is something to avoid, what is the proper mindset to use?

It's too multidimensional for a daily article. But, maybe a collection of reflections can help light the path.

Anyway, here's my first shot. I'll probably come up with more in the following weeks. And if you can think of more... leave a comment.

Remember the Serenity Prayer. (Google it, if you don't know what it is.)

It's fun to let people know who I am. And it's fun to meet new people. Everything after that follows its own course. It doesn't have to be forced. Nor should it be.

I don't have to chase her. Let her chase me.

Some people dwell in negativity. Hopefully, they will dig themselves out when they're ready. In the meantime, they deserve compassion. Not anger.

I will allow negative energy to defeat itself. It does not need my help.

I will improve in my ability to help other people feel good.

I will get to know myself better in the process.

It's fun to try new things. And when they don't work... they make GREAT stories.

My time and genuine personality are my gifts.

Feel the fear... and do it anyway.

Her actions will never change my value.

I'm here to have fun.

No comments: