Wednesday, February 21, 2007

From the labs: Ways to get more matches!

The more you communicate, the more you learn.

I've picked up a few techniques to get more matches out of eHarmony... Some of these, better tested than others. But, in the spirit of experimentation and improvement, here we go:

One of our readers, Steve, writes:


I noticed that they really throttled back the amount of matches they were giving me, like I would request more match's, it would come back and say we could not find any and then the next day it would email me like one match. But, something weird happened that I am testing right now.

That is...I went in and updated like one line in my profile, then requested matches and they gave me three new one's right then and there. Did the same thing the following day and the same thing happened. I am still testing, but I believe updating your profile may generate more matches. I'll let you know what I find.


Thanks, Steve! I'm sure our readers will help you figure out whether or not this works...

Also, from cruising the web, I discovered the "eHarmony Blog". The writer is really dedicated to getting as many matches as she can from the site, and discovered that hammering it with "find matches" requests... seems to work for her. In fact, she created an HTML script to automate the process of requesting matches every 10 minutes... Some of you may want to check it out. Oh, and, if you dig deeper into the blog, she does say that it's impossible for eHarmony to give you more than 6 matches daily using this method.

So... thanks for the advice, folks!

In the upcoming weeks, you'll see results from some experiments I'm trying to run:


  • Could a comment in the profile make women more receptive to FastTrack requests? I plan to find out.
  • You may notice that I haven't written about what to write in open communication yet. Unfortunately, my system (as is) is an extension of someone else's "online dating" system for other sites. I've tried to negotiate with this system's author for permission to put up my derivative version of his work. Unfortunately, he has refused my request. So... I'll be testing a new "open communication" system that does not build on his work. If you can prove to me that you've purchased his plan, email me, and I'll send you my modifications. (I don't think he can possibly object to that.)

More to come... stay tuned.

No comments: