Tuesday, February 6, 2007

DON'T ask this question!

After people become successful at initiating communication, a common "stumbling block" is what some people have called, "communication hell", "e-mail pen-pals", "communication marathon", and so forth. Essentially, it seems like the woman wants to exchange email... and exchange email... and exchange email... and you may get to learn a little bit more about each other, but it never progresses to meeting.

People ask me, "Why do women do this?"

My shortest answer? "Because you keep telling them that it's OK."

Here's one of the earliest things that you can do to make sure that a woman knows that you'll be infinitely patient.

In the first set of questions, do you see "How important is 'chemistry' to you?"

NEVER ask that question. Never EVER.

Essentially, you're asking her, "If there's no chemistry, will you still keep working with me, hoping and praying that someday cupid's arrow will randomly come by?"

And, after asking this question, she can't respect your ability to express your expectations. Because you've already committed yourself to hanging around until the "spark" hits.

Sorry to break the news to you - but it almost never hits in such passive relationships.

Sadly... when I ran my recon profile (you did read my welcome package, right?), this was the most common question that was asked.

You may ask, "What if I get this question?"

My experience is that this question will be asked. A lot. My response has always been to say that if chemistry doesn't evolve quickly, it's a sign that something's wrong.

I've never had anyone object to that. And they know what I expect.

No comments: