Friday, July 25, 2008

One hitch with "Hot or Not" ratings

In many of my older articles, I refer to the "Hot or Not" website as a way to evaluate your eHarmony photos.

I also said it wasn't the best way, but it does produce an objective number.

Well, I've discovered one new hitch to look out for.

When you get your rating (and, in my experience you need 100 people to rate you before scores become reliable), check the "Best of Hot or Not" page.

At the bottom of the page, you'll see if anyone nominated you for "Best of Hot or Not".

Well... tastes vary. But, when you've been nominated, a lot more people will see your picture on the "Best of Hot or Not" page, in the "recently nominated" section. And if they're intrigued, they'll often click on you for a closer look.

The problem? You'll get more interest from people who are already digging your look. And that will artificially inflate your score.

So, if you get one (or two) nominations, you might want to rerun a "Hot or Not" screen to see how you do when you're not nominated. The score is likely to be more realistic.

... But, if you keep on getting nominated, I'd keep that picture. :-)

No comments: