Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Funny thing happened over my vacation...

Funny thing happened over my break. I forgot to turn my matching off.

This is a significant break from my usual. Usually, I'm quick to initiate communication. My vacation forced people to wait.

So... what happened?

A lot more women decided to close me.

Now, this wasn't a well-designed experiment. And the fact that I received more closures as a result of not initiating communication quickly may be a coincidence.

But, it does make me think about the reasons why this might have happened.

First of all, as I've commented before, when you're the first guy to initiate communication, you are going to get more attention and interest than if you were the 45th guy. She's curious about the first few guys she meets. But the time she hits #45... her defenses are up against the onslaught of men competing for her attention.

But, there might be other reasons as well.

There could be a "sour grapes" effect going on in her mind. A thought process akin to, "Huh... he isn't starting anything... maybe there's a reason."

If your profile looks particularly passive, it may seem like you're waiting for her to initiate. And passive guys aren't very attractive.

She may be getting more involved with a guy (or guys) who did initiate communication.

Anyway, it was an interesting (if accidental and inconclusive) experiment.

No comments: