Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A beginner's guide to the seduction community

In my blog, I often refer to the "seduction community". And some people have written me about how they might learn more about it.

It's a good idea. I've focused my blog on eHarmony, transitioning from eHarmony into the first dates, and long-term relationship issues - essentially, topics that seduction artists avoid. Or even discourage the discussion of.

I'm a lucky guy - I can afford to give my advice away. But, most of the leaders of the seduction community rely on their sales. And, frankly, I don't want to deprive hard-working folks of their money.

But, yes, there IS a lot of good stuff out there - and a lot of crap. And it's expensive to buy things that don't work for you.

So, if you're interested in learning "community advice" around a subject that I don't bring up... here's what I'd suggest:

Start with the free materials. There ARE a lot of blogs, listservs, and bulletin boards with free information. And the "free stuff" provides a great introduction. (And, sad to say, many sellers of seduction-related material provide higher-quality stuff in their "giveaways" than they do in their products.)

After listening to the chatter, listen in on the bulletin boards. Different boards do have different tones. And you need to get advice from people who can provide advice that will "work" with your unique personality.

So... read. Can you tell yourself, "You know, some of this might work for me?"

Do the board leaders seem happy, helpful, and successful? Or are they whiney and cutting each other down? Because, frankly, you want to take advice from people who are confident and successful - not bitter.

Once you find a group like this... listen to what materials other people rely on, what they say works, and who recommends these resouces when they don't provide commission-laden-referral links.

Rely on references. Not advertisements. Although many good products come with very slick advertisements and "come-ons", there are plenty of bad products that are just as widely and effectively advertised.

Start there. And, when you find resources that work for you... share 'em on the Google group.

No comments: