Monday, October 6, 2008

It's time to go. At least for now.

Long-time readers have noticed that I haven't posted any "War stories" from my eHarmony search. For quite awhile.

And I have to admit - lately, my search has been pretty undramatic.

Sure, I was communicating with a lot of women. As usual, some had no business using eHarmony, and many were exceptional (in their own ways), but not right for me.

But, lately... that chemistry has been lacking. In any of the people that I'd been talking to. No matter how attractive they were, how much (or little) we had in common, or how the "friendly" banter went.

For awhile, I was thinking that I was having a bad run. Bad luck. A string of bad women.

And I had been taking breaks from my search, because it was feeling like my search was becoming a grind. And it wasn't fun anymore.

But, lately, I'm thinking that the lack of fun doesn't have much to do with the women that I had been meeting. It has more to do with me.

The fact is, I came to eHarmony in pretty bad shape. I was coming out of a bad marriage. And the marriage consumed my life. I didn't have many friends. I knew that I was interested in remarrying someday, but, unfortunately, there are very few places to meet eligible Jewish singles in my community.

And, for awhile, meeting strangers was a thrill. But, now, I'm wondering if it's a wrong turn.

The fact is, meeting folks through eHarmony is still a process of meeting strangers. And, maybe, to build a connection with someone, I need more than an automated email introduction and a guided communication process.

So... I think, for now, it's time to leave my eHarmony search, and focus on enjoying the rest of my life. I'm sure that I'll meet people in the persuit of my passions. And, maybe, I'll meet a great woman along the way. If not... no loss. I'll still have a fantastic life.

Don't worry folks. I'll leave the blog up. I have no regrets about my eHarmony and seduction experiences. Learning to get my mojo back - to be that desirable man - was improtant to me, and I'm sure it's important to a lot of my readers. I'll leave my Google Group up, as well. And I'll continue to work with the people who have requested my coaching services, for as long as they still feel that I'm useful to them. (As far as accepting new people? I'll cross that bridge when I'm asked.)

And, maybe, someday, I might be inspired to return to my postings. But not today.

Thanks for reading. You've all been an important part of my journey. And good luck to you all.

3 comments:

+30 Handicap said...

Scott:

I stumbled across this page on a random search after I joined eH. I found your blog to be a fantastic resource on how to create an eH profile that really worked. Mostly though, I think your advice (that you constantly drilled home) about being comfortable and happy with who you were and not to change to try to "fit" what someone else was looking was spot on. Thanks!

I wish you the best.

Hot Alpha Female said...

Great post and congrats on making the shift.

The ironic thing is, the harder that you look the harder it is to find someone.

Going out and enjoying things that you love doing will probably make you seem more attractive to the opposite sex anyways =)

All the best

Hot Alpha Female

russruggles said...

Good to hear - good luck with that. I think I experienced something similar. All of the fun times I had dating online were great, but I needed something a little closer to me. So, I set out to just follow my interests. Low and behold, just a few weeks passed by before I met a great woman! Of course, all of the "practice" I had from dating online certainly helped.